Life and Times
Moses Van Campen's contributions to family, community and country have been recognized by many over the years. Collected below is a selection of those which have stood the test of time and continue to allow future generations to appreciate his legacy. We are indebted to those organizations and people which have funded and protected these pieces of history through the years.
Unveiled August, 25, 1908, The Catherine Schuyler Chapter of the DAR dedicated a boulder and tablet marking the location where Moses Van Campen ran the gauntlet as a prisoner of the Seneca Indians.
Since 1946, the Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission (PHMC) has dedicated markers to honor the people, places, and events which have contributed to and enhanced the lives of Pennsylvanians since it founding. The PHMC has dedicated two markers recognizing Moses Van Campen's contributions to protecting the early settlers of Pennsylvania.
Founded in 1912, the Berwick, Pennsylvania Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR) was named in honor of Moses Van Campen. While the Chapter is no longer active, it was responsible for placing several historical markers over the years in and around Berwick, Pennsylvania including the Fort Wheeler and Fort Jenkins Markers. Both of which are directly related the life and times of Moses Van Campen.
Unveiled on April 10, 1907, the Fort McClure Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR), donated a stone marker and plaque commemorating the site of Fort McClure.
A portrait of Moses Van Campen as Elder of the Presbyterian Church of Angelica was rediscovered March 1, 2013.