Fort Jenkins was a 60-by-80-foot stockaded fort built by the Pennsylvania state militia on the land of Mr. Jenkins. It was garrisoned by Continental troops after 1779, abandoned in September 1780, and later burned by Indians.
This collection includes the following photos:
- Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission Fort Jenkins Marker located in Bloomsburg, PA. Photo by D.C. Hopkins for MosesVanCampen.com.
- Fort Jenkins commemorative tablet dedicated by the Moses Van Campen and Fort McClure Chapters DAR in 1925. The tablet reads, "Site of Fort Jenkins, Erected 1777-1778, Destroyed by Indians 1780, From 1781 to 1796 this Land was Owned by James Wilson, Signer of the Declaration of Independence, Marker placed by The Moses Van Campen and The Fort McClure Chapters Daughters of the American Revolution, 1925". Photo by D.C. Hopkins for MosesVanCampen.com.